The West Contra Costa Public Education Fund (Ed Fund) seeks a part-time Operations Manager to join our team. The Ed Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Since its founding in 1983, the Ed Fund has been committed to ensuring all students in West Contra Costa Unified School District (WCCUSD) acquire the skills and knowledge to succeed in the world. Over the years, the Ed Fund has provided $3M in teacher grants, $1.2M in student scholarships, and has been at the forefront of collective impact efforts. Now is an exciting time for the Ed Fund as we move into a new era focused on strengthening partnerships with WCCUSD, families, community, and philanthropic partners.
The Ed Fund aligns the efforts of our partners and mobilizes resources for K-12 students to ensure that all WCCUSD youth succeed in college, career, and life. We believe that when communities work together to eliminate inequities, our youth will thrive. As an intermediary, the Ed Fund accomplishes our missions through:
- Fundraising and driving resources to district and community projects that create and sustain excellent outcomes, especially for initiatives that center Black students.
- Investing in leadership and leadership development opportunities that create and sustain innovative and effective schools
- Convening stakeholders around a collective vision and shared responsibility for student outcomes.
Values that guide our work are:
- Love – We see the brilliance and potential of all WCCUSD students
- Public Education – We believe that quality, equitable public education is a human right
- Justice – We work to correct the historic and ongoing divestment in Black students
- Partnership – It takes strong and deep collaboration across the region to make sure all students have what they need to thrive
- Community – Everything we do is in service to this place we call home!
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the overall organization. This position manages Ed Fund business operations, board relationships, and assists staff with programs, such as grants, events, and coordination of partner meetings. The Operations Manager also provides support to our fiscal projects through the contracting process with the West Contra Costa Unified School District. The ideal candidate is a professional who is committed to equity in education, is service-oriented, takes initiative, maintains high standards in all their work, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, has a flexible work style and a sense of humor.
This is a part-time non-exempt position working 25 hours/week. Time beyond 25 hours is at the manager’s discretion and approval.
IT and Operations (30%)
- Be primary liaison with organization’s Bookkeeper to support monthly reconciliation, manage bill pay, and complete bank deposits
- Develop and monitor, in partnership with Executive Director, organization’s annual budget
- Support, in partnership with Executive Director and Bookkeeper, organization’s annual financial audit
- Ensure the security of electronic data and documents
- Be primary liaison with organization’s IT provider
- Ensure organization is abiding by information security policies
- Staff and support Board of Director meetings and requests regarding programs, financials, and operations as needed
- Oversee project management tools such as Trello, to ensure staff assignments and projects are being completed on time
Development, Program & Events (30%)
- Work with Development & Communications Manager to process incoming donations and send acknowledgement letters
- Provide a full range of administrative support for all Ed Fund programs including assistance with scheduling, communications, note-taking, ordering food, securing space, and other duties as needed
- Support internal and external communications including posting on social media, assist in preparing external newsletters and editing written materials for external audiences
- Support planning and execution of Ed Fund annual fundraiser event
Office Management (20%)
- Create a welcoming and professional atmosphere for visitors and staff
- Maintain the office by organizing and routing information, including incoming mail, phone calls, emails, and courier services
- Maintain smooth operation of the office, including ordering office supplies, equipment maintenance (hardware & software), as well as managing the telephone system, G-Suite, Internet, and computer network
- Maintain external vendor relationships (office supplies, catering, shipping, copiers, toner, etc.)
- Organize, update, and integrate files from google drive to Ed Fund server
Other Duties and Responsibilities (20%)
- Advises Executive Director of any issues to ensure orderly and efficient administrative operations
- Proactively anticipate needs and identify opportunities to improve organizational systems, space, and processes and take leadership to make those improvements
- Provide support to fiscal projects navigating the WCCUSD contracting process
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma and a minimum of 3 years in an administrative role or a related position
- Experience with building and implementing processes and systems
- Data management and analysis experience
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software like Adobe
- Experience or desire to learn about nonprofit finance, including monthly reconciliation and annual budgeting and forecasting
- Experience or desire to learn about best practices for strong data security
- Strong and rigorous attention to details and highly organized
- Strong ability to work independently and drive projects forward with limited day-to-day management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and passion for issues in education
- Commitment to or experience working in West Contra Costa County, a plus
Commensurate with experience.
Medical, dental, and vision health benefits are included and generous paid vacation time.